Splitting time between Pittsburgh & LA always has me on the go. And because I don’t have a permanent residence in LA, I’ve become quite the packing pro. I load up a hardshell carry-on bag and my Northface backup and I’m off!
Read on for my packing tips and travel essentials:
Notebook – May Designs // Glasses – Sims in striped sassafras by Warby Parker // Pen – Yoobi (@ Target) // Chord Taco – Target // Backup Battery – Amazon // Luggage Tag – Ban.do // Headphones – Happy Plugs // Carabiner – Dick’s Sporting Goods (old) //
1. A notebook and pen for all of those bright ideas in flight!
2. Glasses (not contacts) so that you can doze off with ease
3. A recognizable luggage tag – even if you’re carrying on…you just never know!
4. Carabiner – to attach your comfy travel pillow to the outside of your backpack (so that it doesn’t take up precious packing space!)
5. Comfortable headphones – easy to pack, easy on the ears!
6. Cord taco! When space is tight, organization is key, so keep those wires contained!
7. Back-up battery – never drop below 20% with one of these guys on hand
And a few more things to keep in mind –
TIP #1 – take advantage of the one “personal item” with the largest backpack ever! I’m not kidding. Stow it under your seat and save yourself from waiting for checked bags.
TIP #2 – TSA pre-check – if you fly more than 3x per year I think that precheck is most definitely worth it. It’s $85 for 5 years and offers a shorter security line. Keep your shoes on, coat on, laptop in your bag and avoid those controversial body scanners!
TIP #3 – Come prepared with pre-downloaded entertainment – podcasts, audiobooks, music, etc. You never know what you’re going to get with in-flight entertainment! And do not forget that backup battery & those headphones…!