Splitting time between Pittsburgh & LA always has me on the go. And because I don't have a permanent residence in LA, I've become quite the packing pro. I load up a hardshell carry-on bag and my Northface backup and I'm off!
Read on for my packing tips and travel essentials:
1. A notebook and pen for all of those bright ideas in flight!
2. Glasses (not contacts) so that you can doze off with ease
3. A recognizable luggage tag - even if you're carrying on...you just never know!
4. Carabiner - to attach your comfy travel pillow to the outside of your backpack (so that it doesn't take up precious packing space!)
5. Comfortable headphones - easy to pack, easy on the ears!
6. Cord taco! When space is tight, organization is key, so keep those wires contained!
7. Back-up battery - never drop below 20% with one of these guys on hand
And a few more things to keep in mind -
TIP #1 - take advantage of the one "personal item" with the largest backpack ever! I'm not kidding. Stow it under your seat and save yourself from waiting for checked bags.
TIP #2 - TSA pre-check - if you fly more than 3x per year I think that precheck is most definitely worth it. It's $85 for 5 years and offers a shorter security line. Keep your shoes on, coat on, laptop in your bag and avoid those controversial body scanners!
TIP #3 - Come prepared with pre-downloaded entertainment - podcasts, audiobooks, music, etc. You never know what you're going to get with in-flight entertainment! And do not forget that backup battery & those headphones...!